We exist to worship God, make disciples of Christ, and serve our community with His love.
Our Purpose: At Cross Life Community Church, our goal is to live out God’s calling – our vision and mission statements inform everything we do as a church family.
Our Vision : We exist to worship God, make disciples of Christ, and serve our community with His love.
Our Mission : We desire to see our vision fulfilled by:
- Inviting all to gather for worship with song and obedience to biblical teaching.
- Teaching God’s Word and leading our children and adults to become disciple-making disciples using their God-given talents.
- Engaging in Christ-centered fellowship. We meet regularly in nurturing Life Groups (small groups), a core ministry where we connect, grow, and serve together.
- Exhorting believers to be empowered with Christ’s love to reach out to those around them.
Core Beliefs : As a member church of the Southern Baptist Convention, we stand by the following about:
- God: We believe that there is one true God, who is eternal and reveals Himself as three distinct personalities: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. He is the Creator and sustainer of the universe. God is all powerful, all knowing, and all wise. He reigns with providential care over the universe and the flow of human history is according to His purposes and plan.
- The Scriptures: We believe that the Bible is the Word of God inspired by the Holy Spirit. It is the sole authority for life, and the primary tool the Holy Spirit uses to grow people toward Christ-likeness. The Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments are the inspired and the only inerrant, infallible, authoritative Word of God inherent in the original writings.
- God the Son: We believe that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God, was born of a virgin, is fully God and fully man, lived a sinless life, died as a substitutionary sacrifice for the sins of mankind, was buried, arose from the grave and ascended into Heaven.
Servant Leadership Team
Lead Pastor John Kamiya
Children’s Director and Church Administrator Judy Chi
Deacon James Chang
Deacon Mike Chi
Deacon Joseph Lee